The Royal Cornwall show is the cream of the crop when it comes to showing just what is on offer in the region.
For three days every year the Show brings a fascinating glimpse into rural life in Cornwall, from farming demonstrations to Health and Beauty, Cornish Heritage to local food and drink.
This year the Show is held Thursday 9th to Saturday 11th June and it attracts up to 120,000 people!
Personally I love to mingle around the many hundreds of stalls looking at everything and anything from pottery to dog accessories, from home made crafts to clothing and kitchen equipment. But to make sure it appeals to everyone its not all about shopping. Watching the different displays from the likes of the daredevil stunt motorbike riders and the driving displays are always a winner not to mention the brilliant show jumpers and the sheepdog trials.
It can’t really be an agricultural show without animals, so after I’ve been in and out of the many food tents sampling all the delicious food and drink on offer, I then like to marvel at the sheer size of some of the cows and Bulls in the show ring. You can watch horses parade round, dog shows, the fanciest chickens to the cutest fluffiest bunnies!!!
After all this walking there is nothing better than sampling a local Cornish beer and listening to some music being played by a local band, musician or watching a dance act or the local school children preforming a show.
My tips for getting the best out of the Show
- Arrive early, it gets very busy and with so much to see and do you don’t want to miss anything.
- Be prepared wear sensible walking shoes…no fancy high heels you may look great but your feet wont!!
- We are in Cornwall so pack a raincoat and sun lotion!
- Take a small backpack for putting all the lovely things you will buy as well as the many free samples being offered out.
- Have Fun at the Show!! http://royalcornwallshow.org/