The summer is nearly over and the nights are drawing in. There is a new chill in the air that wasn’t there before . The summer nights spent on the beach are now a memory of summer. Don’t dispare there are still plenty of lovely things to do now that Autumn is on its way. Here are 10 things to do this Autumn.
1. Go for a leisurely walk and see the beautiful changing leaves of all colours at Lanhydrock. Collect conkers, do some leaf rubbing and get the children to join in with the arts and craft activities .
2. Go in search of the Gruffalo at Cardinham woods. Join the children’s trail and follow the clues.
3. Forage for blackberries and collect ripe juicy apples for the ultimate Autumn comfort food. Apple and blackberry crumble.
4. Take advantage of the bright crisp mornings and the dark shadowy evenings. See the lovely colours of Autumn and the great Cornish sunsets. Take photos and have them enlarged to make great pictures to hang on the walls.
5. Find chestnuts to roast on a fire, indoors or out!
6. Plant spring bulbs now to ensure you get a beautiful spring display.
7. Go for great big delicious Sunday lunche and make sure you enjoy a tasty dessert after.
8. Host a Halloween party or join in one at the Eden Project.
9. Feed the squirrels with a bag of Monkey nuts at Tehidy woods. See them run up to you and watch as they hide their precious winter food.
10. Get out your thermals and go on a Autumn camping trip before winter sets in at Music Water Touring Park.